Author: Jayadeva Goswami
Book Name: Gita Govinda
rādhikā kṛṣṇa rādhikā
rādhikā tava virahe keśava
(1) stana-viniḥitam api hāram udāram
sa manute kṛśā-tanur iva bhāram
sarasa-masṛṇam api malayaja-pańkam
paśyāti viṣam iva vapuṣi saśańkam
madana-dahanam iva vahati sadāham
diśi diśi kirati sajala-kaṇa-jālam
nayana-nalinam iva vigalita-nālam
tyajati na pāni-talena kapolam
bāla-śaśinam iva sāyam alolam
nayana-viṣayam api kisalaya-talpaḿ
harir iti harir iti japati sakarṇam (hare kṛṣṇa hare kṛṣṇa)
sri-jayadeva-bhaṇitam iti gītam
sukhayatu keśava-padam upanītam
(Refrain) Oh Radhika! O Krsna! O Radhika! There is separation without You, O Kesava!
1) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radha has become very weak at heart, even the fine necklace that She wears feels burdensome.
2) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika considers the candan paste used to cool Her bodily fever to be just like poison.
3) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika has lost all calm nature. She breaths heavily as though Cupid’s arrow was blazing within Her heart.
4) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika appears as if a lucked lotus flower drenched in water. While crying pathetically She searches after You in every direction.
5) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika’s soft bed of leaf blossoms appears just like a bed of fire!
6) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika stares at the ground with Her hand placed over Her cheek. Thus Her pale face looks like the motionless half-moon at sunset.
7) Hey Kesava! In Your separation Radhika will soon die. So to attain You in Her next life She feelingly cries: O Hari! O Hari! Hare Krsna!
8) Let Sri Jayadeva’s song of Radhika’s separation for Kesava increase the bliss of those surrendered unto His lotus feet.